Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Shipping Instructions
- NextGen Sequencing Terms for Illumina Platform
- Relationship between samples, slides and total number of arrays
- Submitting Samples for processing to MOgene
- Sample retention policy
- Data retention policy for arrays
- Data retention policy for sequencing
First, log in and fill out the Quote Request submission form on our website. Please print out and include a copy to send with your samples.
Samples should be sent in 1.5 mL microcentrifuge tubes clearly labeled with a black permanent marker in five characters or less. Please do not use stickers, tape, or parafilm (unless you are shipping genomic DNA at room temperature in which case tubes should be sealed with parafilm). If shipping on dry ice, remember to place tubes in a cryobox (required if you use blocks of dry ice rather than pellets for shipping RNA) or zip-lock bag.
RNA samples should be sent on dry ice by overnight delivery service to arrive next morning. Do not ship on Fridays or the day before a holiday. Be sure to pack enough dry ice to ensure that samples remain frozen in case of shipping delays.
Please send tracking number, if available, to email@example.com
1005 N. Warson Rd Ste 403
St. Louis, MO 63132
314-669-2591 – Off
636-448-4309 – Cell
888-576-1593 – Fax
There are several array formats available. A slide may contain a partial array, 1, 2, 4, 8, or 12 arrays depending upon the array design. The array format information is provided next to the array design in the “Array type” dropdown menu below.
For example, if you select “human – 014850, 4x44k” the format is four microarrays per slide each containing 44,000 probes, so for one slide you would enter “4” or a multiplier of four (ie. 8, 12, 16…) in the “Total number of arrays field” .
Please note, if you want to run an odd number of arrays, say for example 14 arrays on an 8-plex format, you will still be charged for the two empty arrays although not the processing costs associated with those two arrays.
A) Register, if you have not already, by clicking the button in the upper right corner of web page www.mogene.com
- Your registration will be reviewed by a real person (mostly during business hours).
- Your username and an initial password will be sent to the email address you give. Don’t worry if you don’t like the initial password you can change it in your Profile.B) Login by clicking the button in the bottom right corner with your username/password.
- Tabs on the left provide access to user specific sections of the MOgene portal.
C) Click on the “Submit Sample” tab. Most of the information is self explanatory but feel free to call (314-824-1931/1932/1934) if you have questions.Hint : After making a selection, give the web page a moment to update the page with new options that match your selection.
- You are asked to: “Review Shipping Instructions”. This dense dialog gives all the detailed instructions on what works to get your samples from you to us. Since it is packed with good ideas (ok: requirements), read it before agreeing to it.
- After selecting the type of service, you are asked to: “Review Terms of Service”. This is where we tell you vital information such as minimal amounts of starting material and purity standards. Again, these are specifics that make our service work well for you. Unless very specific arrangements are made ahead of time, these are the assumptions me make. No secrets, no legal terms, just important information. Please read it before agreeing!
- Hint for mircoarrays: When filling in the specifics of Total number of samples and Total number of arrays, it is sometimes easier skip them until you have worked down through “Select Array Type”.The details of each sample is filled in on Page 2.i) The number of samples rows is based on your answers on page 1. Use Previous Page button at the bottom of the page to make changes.ii) There is plenty of space for “Additional Comments”iii) Press “Submit”. When we receive your samples we will let you know by email.
Final note: In general it is a good idea to contact MOgene to discuss your experiment design and details before filling in the sample submission form. In this way we can make sure you get optimal service for your samples. Our contact information is:
Phones: 314-824-1931 (W), 636-448-4309 (M), 888-576-1593 (fax)
Address: Mogene, LC, 1005 North Warson Road,Suite 403, St. Louis, MO 63132, USA