Interested in working in a dynamic, high tech environment?
We’re always looking for enthusiastic scientific and business professionals with a diverse suite of skills and technical disciplines. If you’re looking for opportunities in a dynamic environment, and are passionate about genomics science, contact us today!
MOgene LC has been certified as a minority-owned business by the St Louis Minority Business Council.
Note: Subscribe to our job opportunity updates below. By sending us your contact info in advance, you’ll be first in line to hear of new opportunities.
Research scientist position
At MOgene Green Chemicals, we are developing novel bioprocesses for the production of fine chemicals containing one carbon moieties used across multiple industries including feed, food and pharma businesses. Our technology provides solutions to the current industrial challenges in a way that is friendly to environment and profitable to the industries. We use molecular tools to invent, engineer, and optimize pathways and microorganisms to bring products to the market faster and cost-competitively.
We are hiring a highly motivated individual as a research scientist to join our passionate team involved in creating novel bioprocesses. The successful candidates will work at the intersection of microbial engineering, molecular biology and biochemistry to create novel functionality in microorganism. Candidates should have demonstrated track record of success in their respective areas as well as ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment. This position provides a leadership opportunity for an individual who showcases creativity, flexibility and out-of-box thinking towards development and optimization of microbial engineering and optimization.
- Develop novel bioprocesses for conversion of different feedstocks (sugars, methane, methanol, CO2, etc.) into fine chemicals
- Actively participate in strain development, process development and process improvement discussions
- Expand the ongoing research capability and expertise by identifying new instrumentations, and technologies
- Participate in preparation and filing of patents
- Lead small group of technical team to develop and optimize bioprocesses
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Molecular biology or microbiology with strong background in microbial physiology and metabolism
- At least 2 years hands-on experience with strain engineering and metabolic engineering
- Supervisory R&D experience is a plus
- Prior experience working with C1 utilizing organisms
- Experience with gas fermentation is desirable
- Understanding of microbial physiology, stress response, and performance
- Prior experience with the use of analytical instruments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send a cover letter and CV/Resume including names of at least three references to Dr. Abhay Singh at email@example.com. Please include to MGC0007-Research scientist in the subject line.